Monday, April 26, 2010

Utah, Utah!

You are probably sick of hearing our San Francisco trip but it was just so fun and so much to do, not like Utah. Yes, I am currently living in Utah. No offense but what a boring place. I am a city girl, I am originally from Hong Kong(so please excuse my poor English). The first time I took my husband to Hong Kong, he almost got blown away by the craziness in Hong Kong. Hong Kong is just so busy and has so many people. However, Utah does has its own beauty. It's mostly quiet and calm. A little too calm in my opinion. It's a great place to travel and relax but to live, I just don't think so unless I am retired.

Anyway, If you like nature stuff, you would probably like Utah. We went to Ophir last year to see the old mines. Ophir's other name is Utah ghost town. The hike was crazy, well for me it was, remember, I am a city girl. Here is the highlight of the day:


A big hole on my butt!

Why? Because we had to slide all the way down from a big hill which was full all rocks. My butt was hurting for a while. But overall, it was fun to see the old mine sites, even tho all the mines were locked.

We also went to The Timpanogos Cave last year. It was only about 45 mins hike for us. It wasn't a difficult hike. The cave was really pretty. Definitely worth it to go visit. There were a lot of visitors from different countries when we went. I guess it is really famous. If you decide to go, be sure to check their opening hours on their website. The tickets also sold out pretty quickly. It was October when we went and it was already kind of cold but still a lot of people went that day. You can't buy the tickets ahead of time either, I thought it was kind of dumb. When I called and wanted to reserve a place, they told me that I couldn't and that I should go there early to buy the tickets. And if they sold out for the day, you would have no luck getting in the cave. 

Anyway, you may be bored out of your mind already so I am going to stop here. If you haven't been to Utah yet, here are some products that featured the beautiful Utah for you: 

Timpanogos Cave Mousepad mousepad

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting our photo Fishing in Utah.

    Las Vegas Gifts
    VegasDuSoleil.com

    ReplyDelete