Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Peak, Hong Kong

If you don't already know, I am originally from Hong Kong. I was born and raised there. I lived there for 22 years. I came here when I was 22 and married to my husband who is an American. We met on the internet and had talked to each other for about 9 months before I came all the way here to meet him. The next day we met in person we got engaged. It was crazy I know but we also felt right about it. So here we are, we have been married for about 4 years. July will be our anniversary. Time flies.

We went to Hong Kong about 2 years ago that was the first time my husband met my family. We had a really good time. We visited a lot of places and ate a lot of good food. We went to The Peak, Lantau Island, different museums, Ocean Park, Wetland Park, Stanley, etc. We go all over the place. We only stayed for 10 days and it wasn't enough time. We wish to go back soon.

Today, I would like to talk about The Peak. The Peak is a really famous place in Hong Kong, if you go to Hong Kong, you have to go there. We took the tram to go up to the top. It was a fun ride because the tram goes up a 45 degree slope the whole way.  When you get to the peak, you can look down to the Victoria Harbor and it is really beautiful. You can see all the tall buildings just right under your foot. It is amazing. You can also check out the Wax Museum at the Peak.

There are a lot of expensive restaurants up on the peak where people like to propose to their girlfriends. I have never went to any of those restaurants because I couldn't afford it and no one ever invite me there. haha!

Anyway, it is cool to just walk around on the peak. There are also a lot of unique things that you can buy. If you got a chance to go to Hong Kong. The peak will be the number one place to go. If you go to Hong Kong and didn't go there, you can't say that you have been to Hong Kong.

Want to see how Hong Kong look like from the peak, check these out:

No comments:

Post a Comment